Animal Control

Lost or found animals and abuse or neglect complaints should be reported to the Hampden Public Safety Department. Officers on duty at the time of the complaint will contact ACO Trisha Bruen as necessary.

It is important to remember that the ACO and local law enforcement officers are not trained to handle wild animals such as gophers, skunks, raccoons, fox, etc. The Maine Warden Service may be contacted locally at 941-4440 for these types of complaints.  You may also visit their website,

Please remember to license, spay, neuter and care for your pets.  For those who need assistance, some area pet stores routinely offer low-cost vet clinics. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at 862-4000 or via email at